Tuesday 28 January 2014

Seventeen Magazine Released Most Powerful Girls 21 & Under In March 2014 Issue


Celebrating the young ladies who have made their mark on the world, Seventeen magazine released its list of Most Powerful Girls 21 & Under in the March 2014 Power issue.


From former Disney stars including Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez to new talent Lorde, the stars shared details about their 2013 success which proved their place on the list.

Check out the full list of Seventeen's Most Power Girls 21 & Under Below!

1. Selena Gomez – Ranked number one on the list, the “Slow Down” songstress opened up about her year. “This year is when I really started feeling powerful. I had always been underdog secretly. I was on Disney when it was Miley [Cyrus], the Jonas Brothers, and Demi [Lovato]. I questioned the way I looked, acted, sang, and wrote. Then I turned 20, went through a really bad breakup and realized I needed to have ‘Come & Get It’ be amazing. I wanted it all to be me. I’m glad it’s taken me this long to get where I am because now I am ready for it.”

2. Demi Lovato – Not only is she known for her singing talents and acting, Demi makes time to help support girls who are currently from self-harm and addiction, which put her on the top of Seventeen’s list. “When I’m being influential to people who really need some guidance. I could keep my self-harm and addiction issues private, or I could use them to help other people. I chose the latter, and it’s been the best decision of my life.”

3. Miley Cyrus – Earning her spot as number three for the crazy but amazing year, the former “Hannah Montana” star proved that doing your own thing is the best career move ever. “I want to make my own path.”

4. Victoria Justice – Moving on from her “Victorious” days, Victoria Justice is now helping to protect girls’ rights around the world. She hopes that her support will bring more attention to the cause. “I’m in a position where I can make a different and that’s a powerful thing.”

5. Chloe Moretz – She has become an in-demand actress over the years, but Seventeen gives her the fifth spot on their list because her speaking out against bullying. “I have two gay brothers and two straight brothers, and my gay brothers were treated horrifically until they grew up and understood how to deal with it. I will delete you and I will block you, and you will not be a part of my life if you ever say anything bad about my brothers.”

6. Karlie Kloss – She’s made quite a name for herself in the fashion industry, but her main focus is to fight against world hunger. The Victoria’s Secret Angel makes number six on the list for her Kookie’s business supports FEED. “For me, being powerful is way more than this career built on physical beauty.”

7. Gabby Douglas – Known for her amazing win at the Summer Olympic games in 2012, Gabby also puts her efforts towards Right to Play, which uses sports to help empower kids from disadvantaged communities. “Every time I had a bad competition or set back, I would just be even more motivated to go into the gym and work extra hard.”

8. Ashley Rickards – When she’s not acting on the set of “Awkward,” Ashley is committed to ending hunger and homelessness. Eating only a bowl and a half of rice and drank only water each day for a week as part of the Live Below the Line Campaign, the 21-year-old actress helped focus the spotlight on poverty. “I don’t believe in failure.”

9. Lorde – She made quite a name for herself in the past year, but what really separates Lorde from the rest is her opinioned voice that helps her to write sings that hit number one on charts. “The power and control is with young people now.”

10. Cara Delevingne – Continuing to make her climb to the top of supermodel ranks, Cara hopes to do more than just walk the runways. “I’m aiming for an Oscar, a Grammy, and a Nobel Peace Prize. And maybe Prime Minister.”

11. Ariana Grande – From starring in the hit Disney series “Sam & Cat” and becoming a singing sensation, Ariana admits that her career is only a small piece of her. “I’m proud of my accomplishment as an artist, but I’m most proud of myself as a daughter, a granddaughter, sister, and a friend.”

12. Zendaya Coleman – Dubbed as the youngest “Dancing With the Stars” contestant and winner, Zendaya reveals the true secret to her success. “I have set huge goals for myself, like winning awards and breaking records, but the most important is making an impact on humanity.”

13. Kate Upton – Making her debut as a Sports Illustrated model in 2012, Kate hopes by standing up curve figure and refusing to be like every other model, she can help others with figure issues. “If I can help and influence girls who are going through body-image issues, then I think that’s amazing.”

14. Ariel Winter – Although she’s continued to be successful in her career, Ariel reveals her happiness comes from girls being in noticed for being intelligent. “I love that girls can be powerful and beautiful and smart. Intelligence is the most beautiful thing you have.”

15. Abigail Breslin – She scored her first Oscar nomination at the young age of 10 and now at 17, Abigail is learning just how powerful she really is. “It’s about staying on the path that you want to go down and not just conforming to what people think you should be like or should be doing.”

16. Rose Sonenclar – Not only does she draw attention to the hit show “X Factor,” but Rose also brings her singing talents to fundraisers for The Starlight Children’s Foundation. “When you’re doing something that you really feel confident about and excited about, that’s when you feel the most powerful.”

17. Bridgit Mendler – With her business career keeping her on her toes, Bridgit reveals all the success she has had in the past comes from just plain luck. “I appreciate having gone through that process [of auditioning and getting rejected], because it makes you want what you want that much more and get better at what you do.”

No comments: